Monday, November 18, 2013

35/36 week appointment

Today was my 35/36 week pre-natal appointment with Dr. Scherer! I love her! As soon as she came in the room, she couldn't stop talking about how great it is to see me 35 weeks (and 2 days) pregnant! We discussed how this year will end very differently than 2012!

Of course before Dr. Scherer came in, the nurse weighed me (all good), checked Sadie's heart rate on the doppler (134 bpm), had me pee in a cup (still good), and checked my blood pressure (120/70). So glad everything is looking good!

Dr. Scherer measured my fundal height, which is still measuring right on track. Unfortunately today was also my group beta strep (GBS) swab. Yuck. Should hear those results next week. She also did a cervical check and no dilation at this time, which is totally okay since I'm only a little over 35 weeks and we have nothing "ready!" The essentials are here (except her dresser that will be a changing table, but don't get me started on that), but we're definitely not ready for her to make an appearance for a few weeks!

I can't believe that I made 5 more pre-natal appointments today- weeks 37 through 40 plus a 41 week one just in case (it's the day after Christmas)! I know that with weekly appointments, Thanksgiving next week, and everything we have planned to get ready for Christmas, time is going to be at warp speed!

Sadie Austin- we can't wait to meet you in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment