Tuesday, June 18, 2013

one of the greatest days of our lives!

Today was a blessing in several wonderful ways!!

I decided yesterday that I would carry my cell phone around all week until the genetic counselor Christy called with my Harmony test results! I didn't expect her to call until Thursday or Friday (2 weeks since the test), but she called today at 4:45! And of course I was on a work phone call when my cell phone started vibrating and then my Ascom phone (work cell phone) started ringing too! So I missed her call, but ran into a storage room to listen to the voicemail! She said she wouldn't be in the office tomorrow, so I called her back immediately, hoping she hadn't left for the day (it was almost 5pm).

She told me that the baby was low risk for all the Trisomies and any sex chromosome abnormalities! Praise the Lord!! I was so relieved to hear this great news! She asked if I wanted to know the sex and I told her that I did, but that I had a strange request. I asked her to call back and leave a voicemail revealing the sex so that I could listen to it later with Brad! She said she would be happy to do that! So she immediately called back and I was so giddy the rest of my shift!

Brad didn't answer his phone (he was at work), so I called my mom and told her (I was holed up in an empty patient room's bathroom)! She is so excited! Brad called a few minutes later and told him the good news and he was so relieved! Since I knew everything was genetically okay, I couldn't wait to get home and find out the sex of our baby!

I clocked out early (5 minutes, I'm such a rebel) and headed to pick up pizza! As soon as I opened the door at home, Brad was running into the kitchen saying, "let's listen right now!"

And the verdict is..... IT'S A GIRL!!! 

We are so blessed and excited!! Now onto the name game! Can't wait to meet our daughter in 6 months!!

PS Today is the first day of 2nd Trimester! Woo hoo! And my last day of taking progesterone and aspirin!


1 comment:

  1. Em, I teared up reading this one!! I love you!!! You and Brad are going to be the best parents!!! :)

    ReplyDelete