Sunday morning we hit it hard again in DC with the Jacksons! The skies cleared up and it was a beautiful day! We started our day at the World War II Memorial. It was neat to see a few veterans there.
We then walked along the reflecting pool to the Lincoln Memorial!
We walked to the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial.
Then we walked around the Tidal Basin (a reservoir between the Potomac River and the Washington Channel).
The Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorial was along the Tidal Basin. It was really neat as it had sections that reflecting each of his three terms as President. It had 5 beautiful waterfalls and many FDR quotes.
The Jefferson Memorial was also along the Tidal Basin.
We ate lunch at a Corner Bakery before hitting up the Smithsonian Museum of American History.
There were tons of cool, historic things there. Including Dorothy's ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz.
And a baseball signed by Babe Ruth.
I actually lost my iPhone while we were inside the museum! I knew where I last had it and by the time I realized I didn't my phone, it wasn't there. After leaving your Daddy's contact info with the security office, we headed to our next destination, but literally as soon as we set foot outside the museum, the security officer called and said my phone was there!! Such relief!
Then we headed over to the Smithsonican Air and Space Museum (which worked out perfectly because it was super close to our hotel).
We had a great, quick trip! DC is definitely a place that we would like to see again! So many fun (and free) things to do! The Jacksons were great travel companions and I see many trips in our future!












No comments:
Post a Comment