This morning was my 28 week appointment!! It was earlier this week (27.2) because they also scheduled by glucose tolerance test for today and something about seeing the doctor and having the blood draw, blah blah blah.
So I went in, drank the Fruit Punch GTT drink (which basically was extra sugared up Hawaiian Punch- not as bad as I thought it would be). The lab tech said I had 5 minutes to drink it and I guess I thought it was a race because I was chugging that stuff! Not a good idea! The tech told me that I did have 5 minutes and that I should probably slow down because if I threw it up, they would have to reschedule the test for another time. She told me she would find me at 10:36, if I wasn't back in the waiting room after seeing the doctor.
I had to wait a few minutes before being called back to see Dr. Scherer. Weight, blood pressure, urine- all good. Sadie's heart rate was 142 and sounding good! By 10:33, I still hadn't seen Dr. Scherer, so I peeked my head out of the door and she was actually heading in my room! I told her about the ligament pain I was having in my lower stomach- normal, recommended a support belt- and waking up in the middle of the night with numbness in my hands- pregnancy carpal tunnel, normal, recommended stretches and just an ace bandage type brace for sleeping. Fundal height looking good.
The lab tech found me in the exam room and drew my blood. It should come back this afternoon or tomorrow morning, so I'll know the results then! Hopefully I passed and won't have to do the 3-hr test!
No comments:
Post a Comment