I feel like I keep saying the same things over and over again, but, WOW, your Daddy and I are so amazed at how much you grow and learn every day! We've been having such a fun summer! Trying to spend as much time (as we can; it's been hot!) outside and seeing our friends when we can get together!
We packed 5 backpacks for elementary age children in our area. Our church collected almost 1,500 backpacks!
On July 23, you and I went to Winston- Salem to see Miss Allison and Carter and to meet baby Natalie! You had so much fun playing with Carter and checking out baby Natalie! Carter is so sweet with his new little sister!
We saw the most beautiful rainbow right outside our house on Aug. 11.
It was seriously the most vibrant rainbow I've ever seen. And it was a double!
You love the pool (especially pouring water from cup to cup and playing with your water baby), stickers, coloring, bubbles, chalk, baby dolls (especially Mimi), your pom poms, playing in your kitchen, Clifton, cheese, milk, reading books, going to the library, bath time (and showers), and brushing your teeth. You've really started liking puzzles in the past few days- it's like we can see the cogs in your brain working together to get the puzzle pieces in the right places. For the most part, you're still a great eater and sleeper. You take one nap a day, usually right after lunch from around 12:30/1- 2:30. Bedtime is typically around 8 PM and you sleep until 7 AM. You have 2 shows that you like to watch on TV; you call them "babies" and you usually get to watch one after your nap. One is Cedarmont Kids Action Bible Songs and the other is BabySongs (which is a DVD that I watched when I was young). You're kind of on a stroller strike right now and it's fairly torturous for everyone involved if you have to ride in it; but you don't mind your carseat, thankfully. You and Clifton love each other, but sometimes you fight like siblings!
I swear your vocabulary has doubled in just the past month. Some of your new words are: juice, bottle (baba), diaper, pool, bowl, trash, shirt, pants, dirt, tunnel, upstairs, banana, turtle, knock knock, bug, go, smoothie (momo), this, poop, chalk, and "on guard." The first time I heard you say "on guard" and understood what you were saying was in a dressing room where you were banging a hanger on the full length mirror, yelling, "on guard, on guard." Clifton has a couple of foam swords and you must have picked that up when we were playing at his house.
You like listening to music and whenever we're in the car and a song ends, you always call out "more." A few of your favorite songs are: This Little Light of Mine (you very emphatically say "NO" in the first verse and you act like you're blowing your finger out in the second verse), If You're Happy and You Know It, Wheels on the Bus, and Itsy Bitsy Spider. You like songs with motions.
You rarely sit still and like to turn flips and have learned to bump on your bottom down the stairs.
If the gate downstairs isn't locked, you pull it back, go through, and pull it closed again. You then get what you went for (usually stuff from your pool wagon) and come back through the gate and close it shut again. It makes me laugh!















































No comments:
Post a Comment